Palestine on a Plate: Memories from My Mother's Kitchen
Author(s): Joudie Kalla
Winner 'Best Arab Cuisine Book' - Gourmand World Cookbook Awards 2016
Palestine on a Plate showcases the wide-ranging, vibrant and truly delicious dishes of Palestine, introducing the reader to traditional methods, cooking styles and flavours.
Palestinian food is not just about street-food dishes - it is about the home, where families cook and eat together every day in a way that generations before them have always done. In this book celebrated chef Joudie Kalla pays tribute to family, cooking and home by taking inspiration from the rich heritage of Palestinian cooking. Cooked with the ingredients that Joudie's mother and grandmother use, and their grandmothers before them, experience the flavours of Palestine through:
- zingy fattet hummus (tangy yogurt, chickpeas and hummus served over toasted pita bread and drizzled in toasted pine nuts and pomegranate seeds);
- satisfyingly spiced makloubeh (an upside-down spiced rice dish with lamb shoulder and fried aubergines);
- sticky lemon-infused yalanji (vine leaves stuffed with a herby tabbouleh);
- and sublimely decadent awameh (honey dumplings).
Colourful, stunning photography evoking the vibrancy and romance of the country will bring Palestine into your home and make you fall in love with this wonderful way of cooking and enjoying food.
- : 9780711245280
- : Quarto Publishing Group UK
- : White Lion Publishing
- : September 2019
- : books
- : Joudie Kalla
- : Paperback
- : English
- : 641.5929274
- : 240