Author(s): Diane Strevens
In 1883 three young Sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart arrived in Temuka, South Canterbury, to teach in the parish school. One hundred years later, the Sisters of St Joseph were teaching in Catholic primary and secondary schools from Panguru in the north, to Balclutha in the south. Diane Strevens covers the early years of the order, and charts the changes in religious life set in motion by the Second Vatican Council. First published July 2008.