Author(s): Susan Forward; Craig Buck
Are you the child of toxic parents?
When you were a child...
- Did your parents tell you you were bad or worthless?
- Did your parents use physical pain to discipline you?
- Did you have to take care of your parents because of their problems?
- Were you often frightened of your parents?
- Did your parents do anything to you that had to be kept secret?
Now that you're an adult...
- Do your parents still treat you as if you were a child?
- Do you have intense emotional or physical reactions after spending time with your parents?
- Do your parents control you with threats or guilt? Do they manipulate you with money?
- Do you feel that no matter what you do, it's never good enough for your parents?
In this remarkable self-help guide, Dr. Susan Forward draws on case histories and the real-life voices of adult children of toxic parents to help you free yourself from the frustrating patterns of your relationship with your parents -- and discover a new world of self-confidence, inner strength, and emotional independence.
- : 9780553381405
- : Random House Publishing Group
- : Bantam
- : January 2002
- : United States
- : books
- : Susan Forward; Craig Buck
- : Paperback
- : 2002
- : English
- : 362.82/928/0973
- : 320
- : Self-help & practical interests