Author(s): Josh Sutton
The Famous Five were a clever lot: every island adventure and countryside romp began with a hearty breakfast, was interspersed with rollicking good picnics and ended with supper at Aunt Fanny's - all washed down with lashings of ginger beer. Now you can revisit Julian, Dick, Anne, George and Timmy's favourite food and drink with these 80 recipes faithful to the books, accompanied by familiar illustrations and quotes from the stories.
- Chapter One: A Jolly Good Breakfast - e.g. fried bread and sausage sandwiches
- Chapter Two: Perfect Picnics - e.g. sausage rolls, scotch eggs, jammy buns and drop scones
- Chapter Three: Scrumptious Suppers - e.g. meat pie, chicken stew, milk pudding and marmalade apple pie
- Chapter Four: Cracking Cakes and Tasty Treats - e.g. sticky gingerbread and mint humbugs
- Chapter Five: Lashings of Delicious Drinks - e.g. orangeade and ginger beer